For schools utilising a Smoothwall web filter a broadband certificate must be installed on devices to ensure the internet works correctly. Below provides instructions on how to install the broadband certificate on an iOS device.
- Obtain the certificate from the helpdesk.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Profile
- Select the Smoothwall Profile and then select Install to install the profile.
- Visit Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings.
- Under "Enable full trust for root certificates", turn on trust for the certificate.
- The certificate is now installed. Test you are able to access www.google.co.uk or youtube.com without any errors.